May 15, 2022
There is YOU, but then there’s YOU+. What would it look like to be a better, flourishing version of you as a follower of Jesus? At COMMUNITY, we want to help you find your way back to God and become the best version of yourself.
- What has been a defining moment for you in your life? Maybe it’s an event, a realization, or a relationship.
- If you haven’t watched the video from vision Sunday, go back and view it. Visit communitychristian.org and click “watch” in the main menu. What stood out to you from the talk or the shared stories?
- We have decisions to make every day about the kind of life we want to live. We can choose to live a “You only” kind of life where we feel alone or try to achieve our purpose on our own. At COMMUNITY, we want everyone to live a “YOU+” life that starts with you but includes the decision to do life with God, with the Church, in a way that impacts the world. In what ways do you choose a “You only” life? In what ways have you chosen to live a YOU+ life?
- Read 2 Peter 1:2-3. In the original Greek language, the word knowledge isn’t just head knowledge about God but intimate knowledge of God. What difference does knowing God make in our everyday lives and relationships?
- Read Matthew 4:18-19. Jesus called his first disciples to “Come, follow me.” What does it mean to follow Jesus? How is following Jesus different from participating in religion?
- Read John 1:42. Jesus gives Peter a new name – a new identity? If you follow Peter’s story throughout Scripture, you see that though Peter doesn’t embody this new identity, “rock,” he grows into it the more he follows Jesus. Jesus gives us a new identity and then asks us to step into that new reality. What does that progression of Peter’s life mean about our identity in Jesus? What is the process for living into a new identity?
- Our church is inviting everyone to step into a YOU+ life. Our vision is not for church development but people development. We long to see everyone living a YOU+ life. How do you think or feel about that vision?
- What steps have you already taken toward a YOU+ life?
- Our hope for YOU+ is for everyone to have a discipleship conversation that will help you grow spiritually. What hopes do you have for your spiritual life? How can you begin thinking and praying about those hopes today?