The Book of Philippians
Chapter 3 | Embrace your Citizenship in Heaven
August 14, 2022
To live as a citizen of heaven is to follow the example of Jesus and grow to maturity in Christ.
- How have you been able to B.L.E.S.S. someone recently?
- Who is someone you admire, and how do they inspire you to be the best version of yourself?
- Read Philippians 2:19-4:1. What do you notice in these passages for the first time? Where do you see examples of maturity in Jesus?
- Consider verse 2:20. What does it mean to show genuine concern for others? What contemporary examples would you give of someone showing genuine concern?
- Reread verses 2:25-30. Epaphroditus risked his life for the sake of the Jesus Mission. What risks do you think are involved in following Jesus today?
- Read Philippians 3:10-14. Paul used to hold his national and religious credentials in high esteem, but he came to view them as rubbish compared to knowing Jesus. What credentials do you think matter to a contemporary Christ follower? What credentials might we consider rubbish compared to knowing Jesus?
- What dimensions of your life do you need to surrender to Jesus and his Kingdom?
- Paul wrote about forgetting what is behind and pressing on toward the goal. What would you like to leave in the past as you strive for maturity in Jesus?